These are the best 10 excuses for not lodging an individual tax return given to the UK Revenue and Customs in 2016:
- My tax return was on my yacht, which caught fire.
- A wasp in my car caused me to have an accident and my tax return, which was inside, was destroyed.
- My wife helps me with my tax return, but she had a headache for ten days.
- My dog ate my tax return…and all of the reminders.
- I couldn’t complete my tax return, because my husband left me and took our accountant with him. I am currently trying to find a new accountant.
- My child scribbled all over the tax return, so I wasn’t able to send it back.
- I work for myself, but a colleague borrowed my tax return to photocopy it and lost it.
- My husband told me the deadline was the 31st March.
- My internet connection failed.
- The postman doesn’t deliver to my house.
So make sure in any divorce you get the accountant!
Leave a Reply